Tuesday, April 7, 2009

TIA MOWRY SOUNDS OFF ON THE FATE OF 'THE GAME.'


I had to found out about The Game's chances of possibly becoming an hour-long dramedy series on the CW through an angry Twitter message from Tia 'Med School/Girl Melanie' Mowry Hardrict. I have to give a shout-out to my girl GeorgiaToTexas on LSA for posting the screencap and allowing me to use it. Thank you, gurl! Back to Tia. The actress expressed her frustration, and rightfully so, to all of her Twitter followers after reading some bs story on that MTO site. For the record, I didn't bother to find out, mainly because I despise that site very much, what bogus story they had posted about her, but if I had to guess, it probably had something to do with them alleging she's pregnant. Which isn't true. Besides, I was more concerned with the fate of my and my baby sister's favorite television show. So I'm sure she'll be glad to read this as well. She better read it. That lil heffa had me on the phone while I was writing this story and she of all people know I can't talk and type at the same time! Hell, I can barely walk and chew gum at the same time!

Check out Tia's rant below. Click on the picture to read its details.

As you can see, Tia reveals that not only is Mara Brock-Akil (the creator of the show) pitching the idea to the CW brass to transform the show into an hour-long series, there's also talk of BET picking the show up for its fourth season. Hey, I'm game (no pun intended) for whatever will keep the show on the air. The CW plan on eliminating their comedy division and the only way for The Game to remain on the network is by switching it from a comedy into a drama. I later found out, through The Hollywood Reporter, that switching genres is extremely rare. However, for The Game, such a transformation would actually make sense creatively since the show mixes comedy with drama more than a traditional sitcom.

....

1 Comment:

Martin said...

It can't have effect in fact, that is exactly what I suppose.
business casual women | wood sculpture | employment letter

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro