Brand new posts on celebrities such as Keith Robinson, Steve Harvey, Hosea Chanchez, Lamman Rucker, Keston Carter, Mehcad Brooks and more are now up and ready to be read at B.C.M.!
According to cbsnews.com, the PR firm Sachs & Associates announced that within the first hour-and-a-half of allowing fans to sign up for the drawing, the Web site received 500,000,000 hits, averaging 120,000 per second. Duplicate registrations are not allowed, so those seeking a chance are being asked to log on only once. Meanwhile, an additional server has been added to accommodate the volume of traffic.Ain't that something?!! Even in death, Michael continues to break more records; sending legions of fans, stans and haters in a complete frenzy.
Good luck in being able to register for tickets and having your name drawn!
- 17,500 tickets are available; 11,000 will be issued for the Staples Center where you can attend the memorial as it broadcast live. 6,500 tickets are available for the Nokia Center (across the street from the Staples Center), where you can watch the live telecast of the memorial.
- Tickets are only available to U.S. citizens.
- You can register for free tickets (at least two) today at Staples.com; the deadline is tomorrow at 6 p.m. They're treating it like a web lottery. You register and then there's a random drawing. If you're selected you'll be contacted on Sunday by email with directions.
- You must provide a valid ID in order to attend the memorial at either location. I believe they'll also give you some type of code or wristband.
- For the public's safety, there will be no big screens/speakers outside of Staples Center. So if you want to experience the celebration of Michael's life, either register for a ticket or watch it from the comfort of your own home. There will be no outsiders/bystanders outside the Staples Center besides law enforcement officials.
- A live feed will be provided by every network free of charge.
- There will not be a funeral procession before or after the service.
- Officials refused to answer questions on if there would be a public viewing of Michael's body at the memorial. According to newsweek.com, Michael's mother Katherine and sister Janet are allegedly opposed to having a public viewing because Michael's body isn't in shape to be viewed by the public.
- No details about the order of service (i.e. who's performing, which celebrities are expected to be in attendance, etc.) were announced.
- A private funeral for the Jackson family (and invite guests) will be held before the public memorial. Plans are underway to have more memorials across the United States.
- Still no word on where his final resting place will be.
In one of the darkest moments of our lives we find it hard to find the words appropriate to this sudden tragedy we all had to encounter. Our beloved son, brother and father of three children has gone so unexpectedly, in such a tragic way and much too soon. It leaves us, his family, speechless and devastated to a point, where communication with the outside world seems almost impossible at times.
We miss Michael endlessly, our pain cannot be described in words. But Michael would not want us to give up now. So we want to thank all of his faithful supporters and loyal fans worldwide, you – who Michael loved so much. Please do not despair, because Michael will continue to live on in each and every one of you. Continue to spread his message, because that is what he would want you to do. Carry on, so his legacy will live forever.
In addition, Joseph Jackson wishes to personally convey: "My grandchildren are deeply moved by all the love and support you have shown for them and their father, Michael Jackson."
Joseph Jackson & Family
Posted by SouthernGurl at 8:13 PM