Wednesday, October 29, 2008

FORMER 112 MEMBER SPILLS TEA ON THE REAL REASON BEHIND THE GROUP'S BITTER BREAK-UP; 112 FANS BRACE YOURSELVES.


As a big fan of R&B boy band 112 (they're my favorite boy band of all time behind New Edition), I damn nearly lost the little bit of salvation I have left after reading about the alleged real reason behind their break-up. If you're like me and thought the guys went their separate ways to record solo albums, think again. Former member Mike Keith, who's promoting his debut solo album, has spilled the tea and then some during an interview with EUR's Lee Bailey. Mike says the group broke up last year after he and Marvin "Slim" Scandrick fell out with another member of the band. And Lord, I swear if it's who I think it is, I am going to have a conniption!! I will not believe it's the person who I believe it is!! "I had to leave because I found out that a certain member of the group took my publishing check," Keith told Bailey. "It was made clear that it was intended for myself and another member, Slim." Keith said he won't name names, but he fully expects the guilty party - either Quinnes Parker or Daron Jones - to come forward and defend himself once this story breaks. "I'm all about trust," says Keith. "And once you lose that trust with me man, it's just time for me to make a move and focus on my solo career. Everybody else was focused on their solo careers, the outside endeavors, and I just decided it was time for me to make that change and go into solo mode, Michael Keith mode."

Keith said the group was not without its infighting throughout the years. Equating it to a marriage, he says, "We did have our arguments, we did have our disagreements, but all in all we saw that the bigger picture was to maintain the brand, maintain the group." But the singer says he drew the line when his trust was broken. "Because I am such a trustworthy person, and I teach my son the value of being a trustworthy person, once you negate all that, it's something there that's irreconcilable in my opinion. I've put so much of myself into 112 and into the brand and into these guys. For it to be a situation that boils down to simply money, that's something I can't forgive."

Keith said it was his business manager who discovered the missing money, and the two are "weighing out" a decision to file charges.

CONTINUE READING THIS STORY AFTER THE JUMP!

"I'm gonna be honest with you, it's hard. It's hard being with these dudes for the amount of years I was with these dudes and to take legal action," he said. "It's something that I just couldn't fathom. But it's a business. This is a music business. And when something is done wrongly, you've got to be a better businessman. You've gotta handle it."

Check out Michael Keith's new music here: www.michaelkeithonline.com.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

STOP THE MADNESS!

It must be Daron. He produced and wrote a lot for the group. But wait a minute: how can somebody else steal your check if it's in your name? Was the group supposed to split the check and Slim and Mike just didn't get their cut or is there more to this story than what he's telling. I;mma go with the latter.


That group was mad talented! Damn shame they had to breakup over some bullshit.

SouthernGurl said...

Yeah, it's bad enough that they were messed over at Bad Boy (Oshyn you know how I feel about that! LOL) but something just doesn't sound right about this story. I think I may have jumped the gun with my speculations! Therefore I'll wait to hear what the other parties, particularly Daron, have to say before I do that again. Bless his heart.

Anonymous said...

^^yeah, I do! LOL!! I just went back and read it again and Mike said the check was intended for him and the other dude. Okay, so if that was the case then how could someone cash a check with your name on it?! What was they gon do? Just hold the check and look at it? That's all they could do if the check was clearly made out to you.

Anonymous said...

Many bands form under an entity like a corporation or a limited liability company (LLC) and receive their royalty income from the label as a single payment. Publishing income is typically paid in the name of the individual. There are quite a few holes in the story that need filing in here. Did the band agree to have their publishing income come in a single check to their company? Was the check made out to him individually? Did the alleged theif forge the check? So, it's a juicy story, but my meter is at midway wondering why the story doesn't quite make sense. If you're going to out your boy, at least have the good sense to tell the whole story so that it makes sense.

Anonymous said...

Weren't some of them related to each other? Or maybe they just all grew up together?

Anonymous said...

Nah, none of them were related to each other. Ur prob'ly thinking about Jagged Edge.

Anonymous said...

DIS SHIT DON'T MEAN NOTHING IF MIKE WON'T NAME NO DAMN NAMES.....

SO NOW WE GOTTA WAIT TIL ONE OF THE OTHER TWO MEMBERS COME OUT AND DEFEND HIS SELF OF THIS ACCUSATIONS?

FORGET THAT! I'M FINNA ASK AROUND RIGHT NOW!!

Anonymous said...

I own each and everyone of their albums and I have never felt the need to press the skip button on nan one of them. 112 always came with that good shit

Anonymous said...

I was never a fanatic for 112 like y'all. I mean I did repeat "Cupid" in college to the point of hypnosis. They lied when they said cupid didn't lie.

New Edition is still the best R&B group alive followed by the Temptations, Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes, then Boyz II Men. Jagged Edge is great too. Real singers are rare today.

Anonymous said...

God I used to play Cupid on repeat all day every day. Shit, now yall got me wanting to listen to it right now. I respected and admired those guy's music so much. I still do. BUt these new allegations dont sit well with me. There are four guys in that group. Two of them are calling out one of the other two for stealing. Now we all wondering if the culprit is Daron or Q. Most would think it's Daron because he was like the Babyface of the group: writing, arranging, producing the songs. But on the other hand and in my opinion I just can't see Daron pulling a stunt like that. If anything, he's the one making the most money in the group because of all the duties he does.

I don't know much about Q except that he's quiet and married with a child.

This is just crazy.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Daron. He's the WORST singer and the WORST dancer in the group. If it wasn;t for his songwriting skills and his innocent boy good looks, he'd be totally useless.

nadia said...

Trustworty my ass!!!! This fool still owes me money for work I did for him. Everyone warned me not to trust him and I didn't listen. I thought "we're like family, he wouldn't do that to me." WRONG!! Ladies, pls stop guessing which one is the culprit. Let's be clear...MIKE was the shady member of the group. I honestly believe he spends his days and nights thinking of ways to get over on other people. This is a pathetic attempt at being relevant and creating drama before he drops his album. I applaude Q, Slim and Daron for putting up with him as long as they did.

Iris H. said...

i read listened to radio footage on V103 in Atlanta where Q admitted that Mike was referring to him. BUT!!!...he said he they had just went to court the previous week to settle the matter and he was EXONERATED on the charge!! Type in

http://theurbandaily.blackplanet.com/music/112s-q-parker-addresses-group-breakup-rumors/

to view the link

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro