Thursday, June 12, 2008

TRICK DADDY $$ TO PEN NEW AUTOBIOGRAPHY.


Miami rapper Trick Daddy will soon add author to his list of achievements with the release of an autobiography. The 33-year-old hip-hop star and Dunk Ryder Record label CEO - real name Maurice Young - is in the midst of collating all his life experiences into the tome, which he is currently trying to secure a distributing deal for. The as-yet-untitled book will detail his transition from his upbringing in the ghettos of Miami, Florida through to his successful recording career. And Trick Daddy promises fans it will be something to look forward to when it is released later this year (2008). He tells AllHipHop.com, "The book is amazing already. I have a writer, I have a agent already shopping the book, and actually, I think we'll have a book deal by next week."

Don't sit and wait on it folks. Four years ago Trick Daddy was set to launch and host his own cooking show. And it almost happened. Almost. He had filmed a pilot episode showcasing several of his Dirty South recipes for MTV. At the time, he said, "They wanted me to cook all my dishes. I'm like, 'How am I gonna cook all my dishes?' Then if I have a show I'm a run out of s**t to do. I'll cook you two dishes and then you lay around for next time up. So if they like it, we gonna go from there."

CONTINUE READING THIS STORY BY CLICKING 'READ MORE AFTER THE JUMP!'

However, for unknown reasons, at least to me, the deal fell through. I, for one, was particularly looking forward to watching the series. Trick had even said he'd invite a few of his rapping allies to his show to show them how to get things done in the kitchen. "I'll probably have a lot of rap cats come on up. You know a lot of n**gers think they know how to cook. I'm a show you how n**gers f**k up and burn eggs. And have the shells in them."

But Trick also insisted there's was one dish he wouldn't ever think about cooking on his show: "I cook anything but chitlins. Because chitlins smell like a dirty a*s."

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro