Wednesday, June 4, 2008

NEW PICS: ASHANTI PERFORMS LIVE IN TIME SQUARE IN NEW YORK CITY.

Below are pics of Ashanti giving a live performance before signing copies of new album The Declaration (in stores now) at Virgin Megastores in Times Square. New York City yesterday. When asked why she titled her album The Declaration, the songstress said, 'I feel it’s important to present all sides of what being a woman is about. Historically, we’ve always been relegated to the bottom of the totem pole, whether it’s business or the battle of the sexes or just empowering each other. I want this album to make people feel stronger about themselves. I’ve always used the ups and downs in my own life as well as others close to me as a motivational tool and I hope my music comes off that way. I felt a lot of passion making this record. I loved every minute I was in the studio.”

Sooner or later, the singer says she is considering ditching music for movies to be a full-time actress. The multi-talented 27-year-old has already starred in Resident Evil, John Tucker Must Die and Coach Carter - and she reveals she is so hooked on Hollywood she wants to work behind the camera as well as in front of it. Ashanti says, "I'm always reading scripts. I'm even looking to get into some behind-the-scenes work. Maybe do some co-producing. It's all about taking chances. You can't be afraid to try something different."



.....

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro