Sunday, June 15, 2008

MEAGAN GOOD' ON IF YOU SEE HER MAN WITH ANOTHER CHICK: 'DON'T TELL ME ABOUT NOTHING! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!' + 'LOVE GURU' PREMIERE PICS.


"When you give a lot of information about your relationship, people think they're a part of it, and people have a tendency to make judgments and opinions and 'he said-she-said.' The biggest thing about the [entertainment] industry is people trying to get up in your business and running up to you and telling you things. You have to have a strong relationship and not allow others to do that. Sometimes people don't have bad intentions, but they know not what they do. He [Thomas] could be out with a woman and everyone's like, 'Oh, my god! He's out with a woman!'and someone will try to come tell me. Don't tell me about nothing! I don't want to hear it, especially if I don't know you, because for all you know, that could be his publicist that he's with for the evening or that could be his sister or that could be his girl from college. You don't know. You have to have trust in your relationship, and being insecure and all of that, it's not worth it because if a man's going to do something, let him do it so you can know what's he's about and you can keep it pushing.

I want to let young women know about relationships being a blessing and not a necessity. When you take that attitude, that's when something great comes because there's no desperation in needing to have something, needing to have to have a man. And also, if you take care of yourself, if you have your own career or your own goals, and your own things that you want, you don't have to be thinking about someone else taking care of you."

-Actress Meagan Good shares her philosophy on how to keep folks out of her personal business and why she believes being in a relationship is more of a blessing than a neccessity.



AFTER THE JUMP, FIND OUT HOW THOMAS PUT HIS MAC DOWN ON MEAGAN WHEN THEY FIRST MET.

"He treated me like a real person. Just came up to me. He didn't go out of his way to act overly unimpressed, he didn't go out of his way to act overly impressed. He didn't talk to me about business or what I do. He didn't pretend not to know who I was. He didn't do any of that stuff. He just came at me on a real level--just like, 'So where'd you grow up, how many brothers and sisters you got?' Just came at me real simple, and that's all that it took for me to be like, okay, let's have a conversation. Yeah, he was definitely interviewing me because he knows it don't matter if I'm Meagan Good, or if I'm this or that from a movie. Like I said, he's looking for a real woman who's not about other stuff, other motives and all that other kind of drama; looking for a genuine person who is real."

Wedding plans? "I don't know. I don't like to talk too much about it."

Catch Meagan when she co-stars alongside Mike Meyers and Justin Timberlake in Love Guru (in theaters June 21).

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro