Sunday, June 15, 2008

PICS: CELEBRITY DADS WITH THEIR CHILDREN; HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Damon Dash parlays in the background while his son DJ Dash a.k.a Boogie spins the one and twos at the BPMW Agency table tennis party in New York City.


=================

Tito, yes Tito Jackson, is seen here with two of his three sons as they film footage for an upcoming reality show. Tito and his sons can be seen strolling through what looks like a desert while having what appears to be a father/son heart-to-heart talk...all while being followed by an annoying film crew.



=================

Will and wife Jada Pinkett Smith made it a family affair as they attended the premiere of Kit Kittredge: An American Girl last night in Los Angeles with their children: son, Trey (from Will's first marriage); son, Jaden; and daughter, Willow.



=================

Actor Blair Underwood is shown below with his wife Desiree (at Time for Heroes celebrity carnival to benefit The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatic Aids Foundation--first pic--and in the June 2008 issue of Essence magazine--second pic) Blair says he loves being a father to their three kids: sons Paris, 11, Blake, 7, and daughter Brielle, 9. Underwood revealed to Essence: “I was there with my wife Desiree when each of our children was born, and although I know it’s humanly impossible to be there every second of every day, it’s a joy to watch as their personalities blossom. The greatest reward is when the lessons, thoughts and ideas you’ve tried to teach them begin to connect. They’re constantly evolving, and I love every minute of being their father. Their grandmother, my mother, used to always say, ’Don’t let anybody shake your tree.’ When you know who you are, nobody can take you off your game, and I want to empower my kids with a sense of self so that they know who they are-in their heritage, their culture, as human beings and as children of God. It’s important to me that they carry themselves with boldness and humility. They are my legacy.”

Wesley Snipes is pictured in the third pic with three of his five children as he teaches them how to cross the street? The hell if I know. My head is hurting at the thought of breaking down the numbher of kids he has with the number of women...or something like that. I'll get to him later.


=================

R&B singer Keith Sweat is pictured below with his children - Keia, Justin, Keisha, and Jordan for the June 9th edition of Jet magazine. Keith, who has just released his newest CD Just Me, has primary custody of all of his children.


SCAN SPOTTED AT URBAN-HOOPLA
=================


Comedian/actor-radio host Steve Harvey is pictured with his blended family (from left to right) Jason, 16, Lori, 11, twins Brandi and Karli, 25, Steve 17, Wynton, 10, and Morgan, 21. Now, that's what you call a blended family!

“When my wife Marjorie and I got married, she had three children and I had four [the couple will celebrate their first anniversary this month]. The union of our family has been the greatest thing ever to happen to me. The kids all call me Dad. I tell my boys not to play rough with their younger sister. I try to teach them what I know already: "You’re never going to win an argument with a girl, so just let her have what she wants!” Being a parent has shown me that I’m a little bit softer than I thought I was. While my younger kids get away with far less than their older siblings because I’ve seen it all before, they all come talk to me because they know I won’t judge them.”

--Steve Harvey to Essence magazine (June 2008 issue) on how his newly blended family has been the greatest thing to ever happen to him.

SCAN SPOTTED AT BLACKCELEBKIDS.COM
=================

Old man Flavor Flav is pictured here with Liz, his baby mama/fiancee, and their son Karma, (which has to be Flav's seventh, eighth or ninth child) at an outdoor concert featuring rapper Flo Rida in Las Vegas last Sunday.


PICS SPOTTED AT BLACKCELEBKIDS.COM
=================

Al B. Sure, former member of the mid to late 80s All-Beige Boys Club is pictured below with three of his four children, if I'm not mistaken, at two different events. Although Al and Quincy's brother Lil B. Sure were ghost at Quincy's 16th Stunting Like My Daddy (Diddy)-themed birthday party, Quincy made sure to be in attendance to watch his Pops celebrate his 40th birthday at R&B Live Hollywood earlier this month. The cutie you see pictured with Al is his daughter (who turns 16-years old next month) daughter Paige Hurd. If she looks familiar to you that's because she's also an actress best known for her role as Queen Latifah's daughter in Beauty Shop. She also plays the on-again/off-again love interest of Chris Rock's character in the CW's Everybody Hates Chris. The picture you see below is from MTV's Rock the Cradle where both Paige and Quincy attended to support their brother as he and his BFF, Landon Brown, were booted from the show.

And here's a little unknown fact some of you all didn't know: Al, who co-wrote Jodeci's early 90s hit-song Forever My Lady, says the inspiration for the song came from his girlfriend at the time: KIM PORTER, who was pregnant with their son Quincy, who was named after Al's mentor, Quincy Jones. Now, ain't that something? I read that in a January '08 issue of Jet magazine. Al also has a younger son named Devin (click here). Now, that I think about it, I'll have to do more research on Paige because he never mentioned the fact that he has a daughter.



=================
.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOUR CELEB FATHERS DAY POST IS SPECTACULAR, SOUTHERNGURL!!!!!

I NEVER KNEW THAT FOREVER MY LADY WAS ABOUT KIM. THAT SONG WAS/IS DEEP AND IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES. KINDA STRANGE SEEING AS THOUGH HIS SON IS CALLING DIDDY DADDY.

AND WHY DOES FLAVOR FLAV SON LOOK LIKE JAMES BROWN SONG??????

luci said...

Paige Hurd is Al B's God Daughter.

Anonymous said...

Al B. Sure is such a strong man, a real class act. I remember back in the 80's going nuts over this man. Ain't nothing sexier than a laid back brotha that don't have to say too much. Yeah, I used to think Al wrote that song for me...lol. He doesn't have to do all the foolishness P. Diddy does for attention, trying to make up for what he's lacking. I hope Quincy grows out of his Diddy stage soon.

Will and Jada, the children are so beautiful and handsome. Flav son is so cute and I am glad that he came out of his confusion stage. Everyone else with their children, nuff respect on being a father to them.

Anonymous said...

Which celebrity would you trust your children with? With constant media scrutiny on every parenting decision they make, celebrities who are dads definitely have it tough. Here's unofficial list of top celebrity dads.

Anonymous said...

Steve Harvey is a hypocrit. He needs to do right by Mary Harvey.
Karma hurts, I wouldnt be surprised if he is Celie cursed
"Until you do right by me, everything you think about gonna fail!"

Details of his evil unfair divorce:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/1120071harvey1.html

Anonymous said...

Details of his evil unfair divorce:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/1120071harvey1.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro