Wednesday, May 14, 2008

LEBRON JAMES TO MOTHER: 'SIT YO ASS DOWN!'; PAUL PIERCE: 'MY MOM WOULD'VE DONE THE SAME THING.'

There's nothing like the unconditional love of a mother who makes it her business to defend her child in any way, shape or form...even on a basketball court in a nationally-televised NBA game in front of thousands of b-ball fans, millions of at-home viewers and her son. LeBron James, the star of the Cleveland Cavaliers, told his mother, Gloria, to sit her "ass down" during Monday's playoff game. Gloria James got in the middle of a slight scuffle between her son LeBron and Boston Celtics forward Paul Pierce. During the second quarter of the playoff game, LeBron attempted to go up for a lay-up, but was grabbed by Pierce. The two ended up behind the basket as James tried to release himself from Pierce's grapple. A few fans stood up during the very slight altercation, including Gloria, who wagged her finger in Pierce's face before trying to break up the fight. Standing amongst men over a foot taller than her, LeBron looked over and told his mom, "Sit your ass down". The TNT cameras caught James mouthing the words to his mother. LeBron then walked on the court and gave Pierce a handshake to say he understood the hard foul and there were no hard feelings.

WATCH CLIP BY CLICKING HERE. & READ WHAT PAUL PIERCE HAD TO SAY ABOUT THE MINOR ALTERCATION BY CLICKING 'READ MORE AFTER THE JUMP!'

."He knew it was a good foul, a hard foul, and I didn't want to give a layup," Pierce said. "I wasn't trying to hurt anybody. She was just coming to her son; that's how moms are when they see something happening to their kids. My mom probably would've done the same thing. LeBron had her under control, though," Pierce said.There's a lot of outside distractions you're going to get at this point, and everybody's going to ask me what happened, so I figured I'd get all those questions out of the way right here." After James' team's 88-77 victory, James was asked to explain his harsh language, which made its way onto the Internet and cable news outlets. "I told her to sit down, in some language I shouldn't have used," James said after the game. "Thank God today wasn't Mother's Day. All I could think about is her. ... I know my mother. It's fine, we're good. Even though that is my mother, you can’t have fans going after players like that. The Commissioner doesn’t care if it is your mother or your kids or anybody, you can't allow fans and players to get involved like that. I can’t afford for my mom not to be at every last one of my games.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LEbron should be ashamed of himself. seriously. I would NEVER talk to my mother that way and if my son did, I don’t care if he’s a star or not, I would whoop his butt!

Anonymous said...

My comment will be for the person above: You or I are not sure how LeBron and his mother speaks to each other. They may have a relationship that’s very lacks and not knowing how to show respect to each other. Because you do not speak that way to your parents dosn’t mean that everyone should do it. When Lebron and his mother act out like that it seems to say they do that quite often. LeBron seems to be comfortable speaking to his mother in that tone. I feel that they had been speaking to each other that for a while and they do not see that beening disrespectful. But don’t get it twisted I do not condone this type of behavior because I have the up must love and respect to my mother as well.

Anonymous said...

I think it was harsh. I don't know what kind of a relationship he has with his mother, but it smells funky. I mean a man talks to his woman that way at times if she's powerless and has been a doormat in his eyes for a while and pretty much takes whatever kind of affection she can get out of him. However, I do understand what he was preventing from happening, but whoes to say it would have gone that far with his mother...and then to add salt to open wound, he shook the Pierce's hand after momma was trying to defend him. Besides Lebron being cheap...cause I saw a clip of what he and his baby-momma's house looks like. Does he give her any money to spruce up the place? She seems so lost, but trying to hold on. Anyhoo, CONTROL seems to be the key word for his actions lately.

Anonymous said...

my momma jean would have knocked the ish out of my NBA azz and she
5'2 CLEARLY king kong dominates the women in his life let Shaq try that ish

Anonymous said...

I lost a LOT of respect for him!!!

Anonymous said...

U all are jumping to conclusion he was scared that his mother might get in trouble for coming to his rescue. Read his explinations. It all makes sence. It doesnt mean that he talkes to his mother like that at all and throughtout the clip I could see it bothered him. It really did bother him and he was thinking about her and his comment to her. I would have to forgive him if I was his mom and she should know better then to get in the middle.

Anonymous said...

Betty, a serious look from him could have been a better way of handling things without hitting her below the belt infront of all dem cameras....I wonder how would he react or feel to "sit yo ass down!" from his mother or his girlfried, if the tables were turned in a whole different situation?

Anonymous said...

it's a crying SHAME!!!!!!!

Sound-Savvy said...

Those TNT cameras would have gotten something for the record books if I had said something like that to my mama. He should really be ashamed of himself and should apologize to her publicly - simply because he is the role model of a lot of today's youth, and he needs to recognize and acknowledge that he was wrong, and let them know that speaking to your mother like that is really not okay...

Anonymous said...

In reading several comments from other's. I must say young Mr. James should not have said those harsh words to his mother; however how many of us have said things to our mother's behind there backs and did not get cought on tnt, or some other national tv network. What most people are forgetting is that this youngman I beleive have lot's of shame within for the way he spoke to his mother at that game. My bible teaches me to "Judge not that ye be judged". People just need to count the many times that they have made mistakes themselves and stop finding something to have a conversation about the next day. I grew up in the akron area and was amazed to hear some of the many things that the media allowed to come out concerning this young man and his family. I must say that he have been a model player, and if this is the straw that breaks the camels back then we all need to search ourselves because there is no need to attack his home life,or his girlfriend because of an issue that the media just happen to catch on tape. Let it be what is is and was,and stop the maddness.If you don't have anything positive to say then don't say anything at all. What would you do if it was your son? Think before you answer yourself because in your heart of hearts you and I both know you really don't know. I pray that God Bless young Mr. James and his family and don't worry about the less talented people that have a lot to say, but don't really know how to support this young man the way they should. I don't condone what was said I just pray that it will never come a time when this will happen agian. When this young man made it into the NBA most people were happy for him ,and lot's of people said they thought he would be a great asset to cleveland and the entire tri-county areas,but just look at you non-supportive fans now. Im sure Mr. James is not proud of his actions at that game. God bless you and keep you young man. Put him out in front of you before each game and no one will be able to touch you. AWLK-N.CANTON,OHIO

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro