Sunday, May 4, 2008

ACTOR GARY DOURDAN ISSUES PUBLIC APOLOGY TO FANS IN WAKE OF HIS DRUG ARREST LAST WEEK.

Actor Gary Dourdan is running damage control in the wake of his drug possession arrest last week. Dourdan is planning a series of events to "get the word out that you don't need a bunch of nasty chemicals to have a good time." The actor was apprehended by police in Palm Springs, California after he was found asleep in his incorrectly parked car after attending the Coachella Festival. Dourdan hopes to announce his plans by the time he is arraigned on 28 May (08). The CSI: Crime Scene Investigator star has already apologized publicly to fans. "Obviously I am embarrassed to find myself in this situation, and I am profoundly grateful to everyone for their support," Dourdan said in a statement to PEOPLE. "I have complete confidence in and respect for the justice system and will cooperate fully with any investigation. I certainly wish I hadn’t been responsible for so many people getting to the festival’s VIP area,” Dourdan wrote, referring to the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival. “And the after party, it ran me ragged, but I’m glad pulling over did prevent a DUI.” He also goes on to say, “I am blessed that the Sgt. realized that the luggage carrying whatever they found was not mine and that my tests have been coming back negative.”

Dourdan was found in possession of suspected cocaine, heroin, ecstasy and prescription pills, police say. He posted $5,000 bail and was released. Dourdan returned to work on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation shortly after his arrest.

....

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro