Friday, April 25, 2008

TONE-DEAF B.F.F.'s LIL AL B. SURE & LANDON BROWN BOTH GET 'ROCKED' FROM MTV'S 'ROCK THE CRADLE' IN DOUBLE ELIMINATION EPISODE.

*Shout out to elle for making me aware of that serious typo in the blog post title!*

What did I tell yall? I'll tell yall what I told yall. Three weeks ago, I told yall Bobby's oldest boy Landon wouldn't last too long on MTV's semi-celeb talent show Rock the Cradle. Isn't that what I said? Yeah, I said it. Now, I also said I could see Al B. Sure's son, Lil Al, lasting in the competition longer than his B.F.F., Landon. But what did he go do? He went and made a liar out of me. Both of their tone deaf selves were 'rocked' from 'cradle' in a double-elimination episode of the show last night due to their horrendous, murder-on-the-ears, slaughtering editions of their fathers biggest hits from back in the day. Up first: Lil Al attempts to master his daddy's falsetto-laced late-80s single Nite and Day by making it sound more hip-hop to show off his vocal range. Final result? Duuuuuuuuuude? In week two, he struggled through his performance of Maxwell's A Woman's Worth. So, how in the hell did he think he'd pull off singing Nite and Day?

And little Landon mucked up the biggest hit of his father's entire life My Prerogative so much, you would've thought Bobby was beating his ass plantation-style with the looks he gave to him from the VIP area. I laughed my ass off (click here to see my expression when he tried to make up for his off-key singing and off-rhythm dancing by showing the crowd his chest! Again, duuuuuuuuuuuuude? And in true Bobby Brown form, after telling a camera man to get out of his face, he singer later revealed he didn't want Landon to perform his 'signature song' (guess he didn't want his own son attempting to take his shine...but hell, he even threw a bitch-fit when Britney released her remake of the song...which I can kind of understand). Anyhoo, what really put the lid on the jar last week was when Landon made Rock the Cradle history when he garnered the lowest scores of the season, ranging from 2.5 to 4.5.

YES, I HAVE A LITTLE BIT MORE TO SAY ON THIS SUBJECT. JUST CLICK 'READ MORE AFTER THE JUMP!' ON THE BOTTOM LEFT.

In the end, they came in together. They left out together. Then they had the nerve to act as if they were surprised at being eliminated together. And it's because of their eliminations, along with Akeiba's from last week, that I have no other reason whatsoever to watch another episode of that show again. Therefore and thus and such, this is my last Rock the Cradle review. What the future holds for their musical career remains to be seen...let's just hopes it stays that way.

Watch Landon's and Lil Al's performances encore performances here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew u would have some info up!

Well, sadly enough, they did not bring it like they should have. Especially Lil Al, I know he can sing. he has some nice vocals, But for some reason, it was not evident on the show unfortunately.

I ain't gon lie though, I was tearing up when I saw Al speaking to Lil Al. I got a lil emotional. I love how Al continued to give him positive reinformcement and Etc. I felt for miss Ann (Lil Al's mom). She was all crying. :(
And Quincy up there looking like BIG AL. Dayum, they are twins.

elle_boogie said...

yeah u told us alright....but shouldn't they be "TONE DEAF"!!!???

Unknown said...

^^LMAO! Thank you so much for catching that, elle! I cannot believe I let that slip! LOL! Let me find out how embarrassed I am! LOL1

SouthernGurl said...

I just checked the blog post again and realized I made that typo more than once! LOL!

Anonymous said...

lol @ toni. SGurl,I was wondering when you were going to check that!

Anonymous said...

toni, wasn't it just heartbreaking to see all of that? But on the flip side, those parents had to have known that those boys performances were not up to par. I know parents are supposed to exude unconditionally love but come on now!

elle_boogie said...

it's all good...it happens to the best of us....love the site!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro