Sunday, April 6, 2008

SALLI RICHARDSON WHITFIELD & NIECY NASH W/THEIR KIDS IN EBONY MAGAZINE; ACTRESSES DISH ON MOTHERHOOD IN HOLLYWOOD.


ACTRESS SALLI RICHARDSON WHITFIELD AND HER DAUGHTER, PARKER WHITFIELD.
(CLICK PIC TO VIEW IT'S ORIGINAL SIZE)

Now that 3½-year-old Parker Whitfield is in school, she can't travel as often with her mom, Salli Richardson Whitfield, when she leaves Los Angeles to film the top-rated show sci-fi show Eureka in Vancouver, Canada. And that is the problem for the actress-mother. 'It becomes really, really hard,' says Salli, who spends 15-hour days on the set. Before Parker started school, Salli would tuck her in at night, give her breakfast and get visits on the set. Now Salli will only see her daughter and husband, actor Dondre Whitfield, on weekends. 'I'm sad just thinking of leaving her.' That is a downside of success for the actress, who landed the choice role with Will Smith in the blockbuster film I Am Legend. 'No complaints, because I am busy, whereas others are not so fortunate. I'm hitting my stride. This business is about endurance, longevity.' And motherhood is about patience and love. 'I've learned that you never know how much your mother loved you until have a child,' she says,'...and you can never love anymore as much as you love your child.'

===========================

ACTRESS NIECY NASH, CHILDREN DOMINIC, 16, DONIELLE, 13, AND DIA, 8, AND HER MOTHER MARGARET ENSLEY.
(CLICK PIC TO VIEW IT'S ORIGINAL SIZE)

While Niecy Nash was in control of her career with her top-rated Clean House show on the Style Network, she was losing control at home. She was working late and her children--Dominic, 16, Donielle, 13, and Dia, 8--were eating a lot of fast food. 'I thank God for my mother everyday,' she says. 'I called her crying, saying I was overwhelmed. She said, 'Baby, I'm on my way.' That was less than two years ago. Her mother, Margaret Ensley, sold her house in Northridge, California, retired from her job as TSA supervisor at the L.A. Airport and moved into Niecy's pool house. Now divorced, Nash had considered getting a nanny, but had imagined that 'folks would be selling my panties on eBay.' The actress spends a lot of time with 'each baby individually'--for instance, taking Dia to a movie, Donielle to her her nails done and Dominic to dinner. Motherhood, she says, is her greatest success, and her greatest love.
....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Niecy is so blessed to have her mother help her like that. Her kids are cute.

Anonymous said...

I just love the antics of Niecy Nash on Clean House. She is truly blessed to have her mother so close at hand to help with her children. I must add that her mother is a beautiful looking woman as well. Go head on Mom! I'm certain that Niecy's career is on the upward swing . Do the damn thing girl!

Anonymous said...

NIECY IS A TRUE WOMEN TO ALL OF US AND HER KIDS ARE CUTE BUT HER SON IS FINE.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro