Thursday, April 24, 2008

NEW PICS: CHILLI'S ROLLING OUT MAG PHOTOSHOOT + NEW PROMO PICS & DETAILS ON WINNING A CHANCE TO DANCE WITH CHILLI ON HER PROMO TOUR.

R&B singer Chilli is featured on the latest cover of Atlanta's Rolling Out magazine on stands now. She's on her grind for real this time! Now, it was just yesterday when I told you all that Chilli had chosen a title for her new solo debut album which is Bi-Polar. When I say she's so serious about this project, please believe me. Now, yes, a couple of years ago when she was featured in a couple of urban magazines and her tracks Gameproof and Straight Jack 'Em had leaked onto the Internet...it got quite a bit of buzz going suggesting she was indeed about to do the damn thing. But in the end fans got nothing. This time around, however, the singer has finally got the molasses out of her ass: she's hired an entire new PR team, freed herself from TLC's former manager Bill Diggins (for trying to pull a fast one over on them), recorded a hot new track, Dumb, Dumb, Dumb which will be the first single from Bi-Polar and last but not least, Chilli is currently gearing up for an upcoming promotional tour (read about that after the jump) to support her new LP.

In her feature story for Rolling Out magazine, Chilli dished on why she made the decision to stand out on her own and reveals the celebrity, who also hails from Atlanta, who inspired her: “Probably three years ago, I was kind of at a crossroad[s] with everything,” she admits. “I didn’t know what I wanted to do, and I just got on my knees and asked God, ‘what is it that you want me to do?’ I was definitely born to be a Mommy and an entertainer — it’s all I could think about since I was a little kid. Listening to radio, I started to miss good messages — [songs] that young people can listen to and their parents can be happy. It inspired me to go back into the studio and make music like that. I did some [rapping] on our first [TLC] album, and that was a lot of fun for me. [This time] I definitely stepped outside the box. AndrĂ© 3000 was my inspiration. He stepped outside the box to sing and pulled it off. I wanted to tap into that."

CHECK OUT PICS FROM CHILLI'S 'ROLLING OUT' MAG PHOTOSHOOT + PROMOTIONAL PICS FOR CHILLI'S NEW SINGLE 'DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.'




VIEW MORE PICS FROM CHILLI'S ROLLING OUT MAG PHOTOSHOOT AS WELL AS PROMOTIONAL PICS. ALSO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN WIN A CHANCE TO DANCE WITH THE SINGER ON HER UPCOMING PROMO TOUR...CLICK ON 'READ MORE AFTER THE JUMP! ON THE BOTTOM LEFT TO FIND OUT!

And Chilli's still in business of keeping it real....especially with her fans: “What’s funny in this industry [is that] I find that a lot of people had to struggle in the beginning and once the success came they changed into someone that no one knew. I’ve been in the industry for 17 years. Because of my personality, I’ve always been the type of celebrity that if I’m eating and someone comes over and wants my autograph, I’ll [sign] — or ask politely, ‘can you wait?’ I was that way at 20 and I’m still that way today.”

In the meantime, Chilli has reached out to those same fans--both old and new. Her first solo single, Dumb, Dumb, Dumb, is a pulsating club banger, with Chilli’s trademark sexy vocals over a funky Eastern-flavored digital backdrop. The infectious track has also inspired her to challenge her fans to participate in a contest to create a dance for the tune. “I thought it would be a lot of fun to incorporate the fans. I want all of the dancers out there to make up a routine. It would super-hot if we had a ‘Dumb, Dumb, Dumb’ dance!” Chilli is looking for the hottest dancers to perform with her on her upcoming promo tour. To enter, create a one minute choreographed routine to the single Dumb, Dumb, Dumb, upload the video onto youtube, and send the link to CHILLISDANCECONTEST@GMAIL.COM.




PHOTOSHOOT PICS: ROLLINGOUT.COM
PROMOTIONAL PICS: CHILLI'S MYSPACE

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOO BEAUTIFUL FOR WORDS. THERE ARE JUST NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW BEAUTIFUL SHE IS. NONE. JUST BEAUTIFUL

Anonymous said...

This chick is so f*cking sexy. Good looking out on hooking up those pics, SG.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Face
Beautiful Body
Beautiful Voice

Anonymous said...

Each and every picture you posted is fire. I love this woman.

Anonymous said...

She's barely five feet tall, and i know she's under 100 pounds. Where in the world did she find jeans to fit her petite frame like that?! Hell yeah, I'm jealous! lol

Anonymous said...

cute pictures. but I've seen better ones of her. What the hell is Rolling Out, SouthernGurl?! I thought that was a typo and that you meant to put Rolling Stone. But then I thought, naw, they would'nt put Chilli on the cover of Rolling Stone so soon--or at ALL!

Anonymous said...

Hey Gurl!! I just got finished reading that entire interview just waiting for her to mention Usher and after I realized she didn't--it may be wrong for me to say this-but I have to say that I gained a new respect for her! LOL! It convinced me that this girl is just as much interesting when she isn't talking about her relationship with Usher (who probably waited for Tameka to go to sleep before he went online to look at these new pictures--he probably even jacked off to them too)! LMAO!

Anonymous said...

chill's pr team is on point. promote their client's new music during the same time as her ex-boo-boo the fool. fair exchange, no robbery.

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful!
I'm glad she is happy and has moved on and continues to stay positive.

Anonymous said...

Isn't this car similar to one that Usher uses for his new cd cover?
HMMMM...

Anonymous said...

^^^^^^
Like SouthernGurl said-what better way for Chilli to promote her new music. Her posing on that car that's very similar to one on Ush's album is more than a coincidence! Especially if this photoshoot was done after Ush's cover was released. Damn Chilli is really trying to get on the come up! lol and I ain't even mad!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Chillis wardrobe was provided by Runway Atlanta
http://RunwayAtlanta.com

375 Pharr Rd #110
Atlanta, GA 30305

404-869-3383

Anonymous said...

Send or receive faxes at a per page price at:

http://payperfax.com

Anonymous said...

http://TheFashionholic.com

-holic "a person who has an addiction to or obsession with some object or activity"

Anonymous said...

http://TheFashionholic.com

-holic "a person who has an addiction to or obsession with some object or activity"

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro