Tuesday, January 8, 2008

MOBB DEEP MEMBER PRODIGY TURNS HIMSELF IN A DAY EARLY TO SERVES HIS 3.5 YEAR PRISON SENTENCE.

Mobb Deep member Prodigy reported to jail a day early today (Tuesday, January 8) to start serving a three-and-a-half year sentence for gun possession offenses. The rapper - real name Albert Johnson - pleaded guilty to illegal firearm charges after he was found with an unlicensed .22-caliber pistol in his Chevy Suburban in 2006. But the 33-year-old maintains the patrolmen who pulled him over for driving on the wrong side of the road had no right to search his vehicle. Prodigy, who finished working on his upcoming album H.N.I.C. 2 before handing himself over to the authorities, recently insisted being locked up won't affect his creative output.

He told MTV.com, "Throughout my life, I have always lived through adversity. I'm a survivor. You don't understand the mental power that I have. While I'm locked up, I'm going to be writing lyrics, working on the script for my second feature film, Dope, and finish writing an autobiography of my life, which will be finished by the time I'm released. My mind is going to be focused, and I'll have time to think and map out my entire plan. The experience will make me a tougher, stronger person. I'm gonna work on getting out faster, so I can get back to doing what I do best. When I get home, it's gonna be on!"

...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro