Saturday, January 19, 2008

CANDID PICS: ERKYAH BADU STOPS BY MTV IN NYC + NEW MUSIC NEWS.

Here's someone we haven't seen in a long time...well, at least I haven't. I still bump my Erykah Badu Live cd regularly. As a matter of fact, she's the reason why I enjoy listening to neo-soul today. I love her to the point where nothing she wears (hairstyles, wardrobe, henna tattoos, head scarfs/turbans) surprises me anymore. What other person you know can rock a mile-high, 70s-inspired afro (I wonder does she keep it moisturized with only juices and berries) and YSLs at the same time without looking loony (a la Lauryn Hill) as hell? FYI: Expect to see Erykah on an upcoming cover of Essence magazine. The singer will conduct a photoshoot for her featured cover story on January 25th and January 26th. Then, be on the lookout for Erykah's new double-disc album entitled Nu AmErykah which drops February 26, 2008. Listen to Nu AmErykah's first single, Honey by clicking here.

Below, peep the pics of Erykah Badu arriving at MTV's TRL in New York City on January 15, 2008.


....

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro