Sunday, November 11, 2007

TLC's CHILLI DISCUSSES HER NEW BUSINESS VENTURE, 'BAGS BY CHILLI.' + IS THERE ANOTHER TLC REALITY SHOW IN THE WORKS?


Rozonda 'Chilli' Thomas: She's a doting mommy, a dancer, an actress, a singer, one-third of the Grammy-award winning greatest female R&B group in history and she was listed on People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People list twice. Now the 'sexy' component of TLC can add 'business owner' and 'entrepreneur' to her career resume. Thomas has launched her own company, aptly titled Bags by Chilli! Inspired by her adorable son, Tron, Chilli's personalized photographic handbags affords customers the opportunity to showcase their loved ones, hobbies, artwork and their design skills!

Chilli talked to the folks at StyleChile about her new business endeavor and revealed how she came up with the idea as well as other types of items, including products for men which Bags by Chilli also offers.

StyleChile: How did you come up with the idea for Bags by Chilli?
Chilli: I was given bags with my son's pictures on them as a gift a few years back. I wanted more bags, with different pictures and in different sizes. Plus, people were ALWAYS asking me where I get my bag from and I got tired of not having an answer to give them. Finally I said, 'okay not having an answer is not cool--let me do this, let me do my own thing.'

StyleChile: What types of bags do you offer?
Chilli: We have everyday bags, lunch boxes, laptop bags, small hand bags for when you are on- the-go and large handbags (when you need to carry your whole life with you) and the list goes on and on.

StyleChile: What is your target market?
Chilli: We don't really target one group. We have a large collection, something for everybody INCLUDING MEN. We have a messenger bag and an awesome toiletry bag for men. A really cute backpack and small purses for young girls/teenagers. We have a beach bag for your cruise goers, a workout bag for your health enthusiasts, a baby bag for new mommies, lunch boxes for kids and so on. We really tried to be inclusive.

After the jump, read more of Chilli's interview with StyleChile, as well as info related to whispers regarding T-Boz and Chilli starring in another reality show which will allegedly focus on finding the right man for one of the remaining members of TLC.

StyleChile: What are your fashion influences?
Chilli: I am most impressed with custom made items, like the bags that I make and I also love shoes. One of my favorite shoe designers is Giuseppe Zanotti.

StyleChile: How do you manage to stay so fashionable?
Chilli: By watching (reality show hosts) Stacey (London) and Clinton (Kelly) on What Not To Wear.

StyleChile: What are your plans for Bags By Chilli in the future?
Chilli: We are going to expand our collection to offer a larger selection of shapes, materials, and design options. We are still in the development stage with those, but they are coming!!

StyleChile: Tell us how we can buy Bags by Chilli!
Chilli: You can visit Bags by Chilli to select the bags you want, different design options for each bag and directly upload your photo to us. Also, when you create an account you can start a wishlist so that you can give your family and friends ideas about what you would like for gifts. Christmas is right around the corner you know...

According to TLC's number one fan site on the 'Net, there has been vague details regarding a possible launch for a new reality show starring T-Boz and Chilli. A confirmation from a DJ at Launch Radio Networks says, 'It was me who talked about TLC and a reality show. It was on Launch Radio Networks prep sheet on Monday. I don't have a copy of the article anymore, and I have been Googling around for more details. All I really remember is that they were working on putting together a reality show. It had something to do with finding the "perfect man" for one of the girls in the band. I don't know who, though. Everything else I've found has been very vague too. Only that a reality-based television featuring TLC is in the works.'

Well, yall can take whatever I want from that info. But FYI, T-Boz has been dating NFL player Takeo Spikes for the past 2 years or so and we all know Lisa left us over 5 years ago...so...really, there no need to implement process of elimination.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I THINK THIS A BEAUTIFUL PICTURE OF ROZONDA WITH HER SON PICTURE IN IT.SHE LOOKS SO YOUNG.I THINK SHE SHOULD GIVE HER SON A PLAY MATE.SHE DOING GOOD TO BE A SINGLE MOM.IF ROZONDA CAN BE A SINGLE MOM AND WORK AND HAVE TIME FOR HER SON THEN EVERY SINGLE MOM CAN DO THE SAME.I WISH HER ALL THE LUCKY IN THE WORLD HOPEFULLY SHE FIND MR.RIGHT.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro