Thursday, November 15, 2007

MAG SCANS: OMARION & BOW WOW'S FASHION SPREAD IN VIBE MAGAZINE

R&B artist Omarion and rapper Bow Wow who have literally transformed from boys to men before our very eyes are both featured getting their 'grown man on' in a fashion photospread where they don tailored suits and other manly threads for Vibe magazine's November 2007 issue. Their first album collaboration, which is aptly titled Face Off hits record stores December 11th., is sure to garner more [grown-ass] women fans with such songs as, Take Off Your Clothes, He Ain't Me and Bachelor Pad. 'This was our chance to make the kind of music we've been wanting to make for a long time. You got the prince of R&B meeting up with the prime of hip hop. It don't get no bigger than that,' says Bow Wow.

Check out what the fellas had to say about their dressing style, skinny jeans, what they like to see their boos style and profile in as well as why they believe Jay-Z has changed the game in the way rappers dress.

OMARION ON BLACK DUDES ROCKING SKINNY JEANS: 'Being so young...I want to try different things. I haven't seen many African-American males rock the skinny jeans. I really like skinny jeans, tight fitted shirts--I think it shows your figure.'

OMARION & BOW WOW ON THEIR FAVORITE LOOK ON A WOMAN:

Omarion: 'Casual. I like jeans and a tank top. But the most important part--no bra.'
Bow Wow: 'I'm the same way. If I go out, I just want my girl to be in a Juicy sweatsuit, Air Force Ones, keep it movin'. Nothing too extreme. I don't really go into superstar mode unless the cameras and lights are on.'





MORE PICS AND WHATNOT AFTER THE JUMP!


BOW WOW ON HIS PERSONAL CLOTHING STYLE: 'I don't know nothing about fashion. Style? Plain white Polo shirt, some jeans, some retro Jordans. That's it.....Uhh, well, I'm into high-end fashion. But whatever I can turn into rapper form, you know. I love shades. Gucci backpacks, stuff like that. I always add my little flavor into it. My mama gets on me all the time about my style because everybody thinks it's boring. But that's what makes me me.'

BOW WOW ON WHY HE SALUTING JAY-Z FOR ROCKING BLAZERS: 'I salute Jay for that. He made a lot of rappers start dressing. And a lot of them dress now....entirely too much. At a lot of these awards shows, rappers only wear suits. That's why I commend 50--he sticks to what a real rapper should dress like; he doesn't over-suit it. Nowadays you go to the MTV Awards and every rapper's in a blazer or a tux. It's like--this was the Oscars. Represent what you represent.'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

for some reason these dudes will always come of as litle boys to me. maybe it's their height that makes me feel that way?

Anonymous said...

i loooove face off so far and imma find that omarion! how old are these peeps that be leaving the comments cuz these guys look grown as hell and im in my 30's

susu

Gideon said...

Pretty helpful material, thanks so much for the article.
4 | this site | get it

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro