Sunday, November 11, 2007

KANYE WEST'S MOTHER DIES AT THE AGE OF 58 IN LOS ANGLES.

RealGossip 101 would like to extend condolences to rapper Kanye West and his family after the sudden and untimely death of his mother, Dr. Donda West. I first read about her passing around 4 or 5am this morning on a messageboard. At the time, the original poster posted vague details suggesting Mrs. West died after her body rejected medication she had taken after having a cosmetic plastic surgery (allegedly a tummy tuck and breast augmentation/implants) procedure done recently. Of course, with no story or link to back up his/her claim, we all dismissed it as another 'this story ain't funny one damn bit' hoax. That being said, I was truly surprised to learn that Kanye's mother did indeed pass away late last night in Los Angeles. She was 58-years-old. The official cause of death has yet to be released.

Now, everyone knows how close their mother-son relationship was. Some would even say Kanye (who was his mother's only child) is the founder and CEO of the 'Mama's Boy Club', respectively. I remember reading an excerpt from Kanye's interview in Essence magazine's Mother's Day 2006 issue. He said, 'I don’t want to offend all the other parents, but I’ll put you up against anybody else’s mom. I definitely have the best.” So, what really pulled at my heartstrings was the fact that Kanye had to hear of his mother untimely passing while he was in London. I'm pretty sure the flight to Los Angeles had to be one of the longest flights in his life...as well as the holiday season.

May she rest in peace.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Donda West, mother of Kanye West and former chairwoman of Chicago State University's English department, has died, a spokesman for the rapper said. She was 58. Donda West died Saturday night in Los Angeles, said the spokesman, who asked for anonymity because not all family members had been notified. "The family respectfully asks for privacy during this time of grief," the spokesman said. A cause of death has not been released. Donda West was known for the strong bond she shared with her son, by whose side she was often seen at parties and award shows. Kanye West, 30, often spoke of his close relationship with his mother, who raised him alone after her husband left when Kanye was 3. She was the inspiration for the song, "Hey Mama," on Kanye West's 2005 album Late Registration, in which he sings: "Hey Mama, I wanna scream so loud for you, cuz I'm so proud of you ... I appreciate what you allowed for me. I just want you to be proud of me."

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro