Tuesday, October 23, 2007

NEW PICS: SHAR ON MTV'S TRL; WINS MTV'S 'CELEBRITY RAP SUPERSTAR' & DEDICATES WIN TO LAMONT BENTLEY.

I couldn't continue to watch this show after seeing the first episode. I just couldn't do it. Something about the concept of it all was just too damn cheesy for my taste. However, I can't lie though: Shar put her 'A' game on when she took to the stage for the first time. Just watching her perform convinced me that she (or either Countess Vaughn, who eventually pulled herself out of the competition due to an illness) definitely be one of the last ones standing. That's why it came as no surprise to me when I'd read that she'd won the competition. What was even more touching was the fact that she dedicated her win to her former Moesha castmate and close friend, Lamont Bentley(who played Hakeem on the show). In 2005, Bentley, an aspiring rapper, was driving alone when he exited a California highway, ran a stop sign causing his Mercedes Benz to blow through a chain link fence before rolling down an embankment. Bentley was then ejected from his vehicle and into traffic where five cars struck him. He was killed instantly.

Jackson out-rapped Playboy Bunny Kendra Wilkinson in the finals of MTV's Celebrity Rap Superstar to take home the top prize in a field that included former NFL star Jamal Anderson, rocker Sebastian Bach and Efren "Vote for Pedro" Ramirez from the film Napoleon Dynamite. "I dedicate this whole thing to Lamont Bentley, who played my brother Hakeem on Moesha," Jackson said afterwards, according to People magazine. "He passed away in a car accident two years ago and what he really, really wanted to do was rap. So I did all of this in his honor."

CHECK OUT THESE PICS OF SHAR APPEARING & PERFORMING ON TRL




Jackson said her inspiration to win came from the support of her kids, two of whom are fathered by Britney Spears' ex-husband Kevin Federline. "I looked up at my kids and the look on their faces made me tear up," she said. "They were so proud of me." Jackson said she even got some advice from Federline, who attempted and failed to launch a rap career of his own. "He just wished me luck and told me to kill 'em," she said.

Federline's parents joined Jackson and her family at the rap party, where the actress said her win may open the door for other career opportunities. "If I can have a career having fun, that's just awesome," she said about making a name for herself in music. "I really, really enjoy it. Why not?"

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro