Tuesday, October 23, 2007

JAY-Z TELLS XXL MAG: 'PEOPLE LOOKING AT ME LIKE, 'PLEASE SHUT UP.'; RAPPER ALSO TALKS ABOUT HIS FUTURE WIFEY, BEYONCE.

Wait a minute -- didn't Jay-Z say he was retiring two albums ago? "I want to never say that again," the 37-year-old rap mogul tells XXL magazine. 'Just make the albums, man. And if one day people wake up and it's four years later, and you haven't made another, they go, `Wait a minute, you're retired!' I think that's best for me. I think I pulled the retirement ripcord too many times. People looking at me like, `Please shut up.' I was looking at [his retirement movie] Fade to Black the other day. I couldn't watch. I'm not playing with you. I had to turn it off."

Jay-Z also opened up about his relationship with Beyoncé. "I think people are only interested in [a relationship] three times: When you get together, when you break up, and when you have a baby," Jay-Z says. "They don't have good intentions. I think relationships are broken up because of the media."

In related news, next month, the Def jam prez is set to launch five-city tour to promote his new album American Gangster which was recorded as a lyrical companion piece to the upcoming Denzel Washington film of the same name. American Gangster Live is scheduled to kick off at the House of Blues in Los Angeles on Nov. 6, the same day the American Gangster CD is released and four days after the film arrives in theaters. The brief tour will then move to Chicago on Nov. 7th, Baltimore on the 9th, New York on the 11th and Philadelphia on Nov. 12th.

...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro