Friday, September 7, 2007

I'M BACK UP AND RUNNING...THANKS TO MY MAN, MR. MACK!!

HELLO, EVERYONE!

First of all take note of my FAMU Rattler images. I have them posted because I've chosen to forego attending tonight's Pow Wow as well as tomorrow's first home game of the season in order to get my blog back up to par. I think it's worth the sacrifice. And since I'll be looking at this screen for next 50-leven hours, I thought having these pictures up would still keep the Rattlers in my heart and mind. Praise God! LOL!

Enough of that!

As you can see I'm back up and running again, thank God! For a minute I thought I was going to have to shove this blog where the sun don't shine! In case you all were wondering, my problems arose when I tried to change the name/url of the old blog (realgossipwithapassion) to the current one (realgossip101) and then redirect the old blog into the new one. Something obviously went wrong. Although I had a feeling that I'd run into a few problems, I never imagined it would be as bad as it was. I was advised to just go back to the old name, but I completely ignored the advice because I wanted to give you all what you wanted...a shorter and easier URL to remember because quite frankly, I got tired my damn self of having to type in that long ass address! I'm sure I've lost some readers for the simple fact that now that I have this blog with the new name fully operating, all of the individual links that were made under the realgossipwithapassion title are all dead links...even though you can still view them on the new URL. Am I making any sense? Probably not. Anyhoo, my hope for those who have clicked the links I provided in other forums before I made the change is that once they notice the link is dead (they'll get a error message saying 'PAGE NOT FOUND'), they'll type in realgossipwithapassion.blogspot.com into their browser after which they'll be greeted with a post providing a link to the new URL informing them that the name and URL has been changed. That's what I'm hoping for!

In the meantime and in between time, I have to thank MACK for helping a sista out something proper-like! I'd been up working on this problem since 7 pm last night before I finally crashed around 6 am this morning. When I woke up, I thought all of this was a terrible, cruel joke someone had pulled on me...so imagine my horror when I realized it was real! When I chatted with him today, he quickly told me (in a way that I could understand because I have no problem telling yall that I am a complete ignorant, idiotic moron when it comes to working with HTML) what I needed to do to get me back on track and I THANK HIM IMMENSELY FOR THAT! I REALLY DO! Mack, you know if you ever need anything, I got you. Thanks again!

I also want to thank Sunshyne for looking out for me as well. Just knowing you thought enough to reach out to me means a lot ....a whole lot. Thank you, girl!

Okay, I still have more loose ends to tie up, but expect to see some new posts (I know I have a lot of catching up to do) in the next hour or so.

Thanks again to all of you for continuing to support me and this blog. My mission is to never let you all down. I ain't lying! That's real talk right there! LOL!

--SouthernGurl

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Anytime homegirl, anytime!! My blog is gonna be up soon, so I'm gonna need some help with a title!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro