Friday, August 24, 2007

KIMORA ON MOTHERHOOD: BEING A STRICT MOTHER, ADOPTION, HAVING MORE KIDS & RUSSELL AS A FATHER.


They may have gone their separate ways after splitting up last year, but Russell and Kimora Lee Simmons remain very good friends. The two made a conscious effort to stay close for the sake of their two daughters, Ming Lee, 7, and Aoki Lee, 5, Kimora tells OK! magazine. In an exclusive interview, the 32-year-old fashion and business mogul opens up about her ex, her kids and if she'd like to have more children.

On remaining friends with Russell: Russell, 49, filed for divorce in March 2006, but Kimora says they're not divorced yet and "who knows" what will happen. "We're great partners, and we have a beautiful family. We've been through so much together. It's almost been 15 years. I can't say it's always been great, but I focus on my kids and my life and my businesses. I'm growing up. I feel like it's time to take control of my life. I have to take the reigns myself and try my best to be happy."

On Russell as a father: "I'm a very hands-on mother. But he's a very nurturing dad. He probably doesn't spend as much time with them as I do because I'm with them day-in and day-out, work or play. [We talk about them] every day. All day. I would call for anything. We're very connected to our children."

On her daughters: Kimora says the girls take after their mom more so than dad. "They're really wild and outgoing. I think they mimic their mother, so that accounts for some of their business sense at such a young age, working very hard and being funny. They help me buckle down and focus. I'm such a kid at heart, so we have fun together. I'm always with them, whether it's work or play. I'm never away from them for more than a few days at a time. They're good kids. "

On how motherhood has changed her: "When you come home after a long day and you have a headache and you want to soak in a bubble bath and drink wine and your kid has a toothache, you forget your bubble bath. Being a mom helps me realize that life is not about you. They've taught me tolerance, patience and understanding."

On her parenting style: "I'm very strict with my kids. I let them be free and happy, but I expect respect, discipline and self-control. I'm always with them or on the phone checking every little thing. Did they flush the toilet? What did they eat? What time did they go to bed? I'm a very hands-on mother. Russell will tell you that."

On her daughters' clothing line: The girls, who model for Baby Phat, have a signature clothing line called Ming and Aoki. "Oh, I am [proud]! Tears came to my eyes. It was a lot of fun for us. The kids are always designing and creating; the clothing line is an extension of that."

On having more kids: "I love children, and I've looked into adopting. I definitely see lots of children in my future."


Source: OK! magazine

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro