Monday, August 27, 2007

HEY, EVERYBODY, IT'S ME AGAIN & I NEED YOUR HELP!

Hello once again. And once again, please allow me to thank you all ever so kindly again for continuing to support my blog. However, there's something that's been on my mind a lot lately...and it's the title of this blog. For some reason I'm not feeling the 'with the passion' part. What was I thinking?!! I've also have found it tedious to have to type out the entire URL at any given time AND I just realized that not only is the title not memorable, it also really doesn't make sensem at least to me...although a blog's name doesn't really have to make sense. But I thought it would be much easier to just shorten it to RealGossip.blogspot.com. It's short and straight to the point and over the past couple of days I've wanted to just back kick myself in the ass for not choosing that name in the first place. But I've also had some reservations about changing it, too. My baby is approximately 2 weeks old and has garnered over 10,400 hits; so the last thing I want to do is loose any of its readers. I just can't fathom that notion right about now.

Now, of course, if I do change it, I'm well aware that I'm going to have to bust my behind at trying to get the new URL out to everyone. I've searched around and discovered that if I were to change the title, I'd be able to keep this one so that if any of you didn't get the memo that the blog's name has been changed, once you come to this (original) page, there will be a message referring/directing you to the new URL where all you would have to do is click the link provided.

Seems easy, right? Well, I don't have to tell you all that I am not the brightest bulb when it comes to understanding blogging terms and that fact alone could make things much, more harder on me than need be.

That's why I need and would greatly appreciate the opinions and suggestions of you all. Tell me what you think. I've place a poll in the top left hand corner of your screen. Cast a vote and/or leave a comment in this post and tell me what you think I should do. I'll return on a consistent (cause that's just how serious this idea is to me) basis to check the polls and comment area.

I think that's about it, for now. If I have anything else to say, believe me I'll come back and post it!

Thanks a million, guys!
--(Pretty)SouthernBlackGurl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most people do not have to type it in. Once you go to a site, you can type a few keys and it will come up or you can choose from the drop down. Not a big deal.

I love the site. Keep it up.

SouthernGurl said...

Thank you so much for the info. I was really worried that I'd do something wrong and mess everything up! LOL!

Anonymous said...

All you need to do is piggy back. Keep both names. Set up a piggy back account so if people type in your old URL, it will automatically re-direct them to your new website. I do it with a few of my URLs. Good luck and congratulations.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro