Tuesday, August 14, 2007

BABYFACE ON HIS EX-WIFE'S ENGAGMENT: 'I FEEL FOR TRACEY...'

Ask Kenneth 'Babyface' Edmonds his feelings regarding his ex-wife accepting a proposal to marry Academy Award nominee Eddie 'I don't wanna be a pappy to Mel B.'s baby' Murphy after only 10 months of dating and a year and a half after leaving her longtime marriage to the laid-back crooner, and he'll tell you:

"I feel for Tracey and Eddie because of what they gotta go through. Everybody's on them and now (that they're engaged) they're going to be on them even more. And I wouldn't want that."

Well, at least that's what he told Lee Bailey of EURWEB.com. We don't think he meant it in a bad way, though. Keep reading:

Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds has always been looked upon as being a cool and laid back kind of brother ever since his entrance into the music industry back in the 80s. He appears to never be too high or too low, but our Lee Bailey has heard some say he can be a bit of a funny guy. In fact, he asked Edmonds about what it takes for him to let his proverbial hair down. "When I hang out and among friends," Face said. "And it doesn't have to be close friends, just in a fun environment then that's cool."

This idea of Babyface being a funny guy runs contrary to his public image. At times he appears to rarely flash a smile. The crooner says he's not trying act "funny" that's just his persona. He doesn't feel like a star at all. As a matter of fact he says he prefers it that way.

"I'm not standoffish to the point where it's ever rude, but at the same time I'm not really in that star mode most of the time," admitted Edmonds. He went on to say he feels for big time celebrities and what they have to go through with trash journalists that stoop to new lows to gain insight in their lives. It's not like I feel like a star or have ever really felt like that. A celebrity? Yeah, it gets me in restaurants and I can (go to the head of the line) at Disneyland. I like that part. But for me, I feel for Tracey and Eddie because of what they gotta go through. Everybody's on them and now (that they're engaged) they're going to be on them even more. And I wouldn't want that. That's like a little too much for me with people all in your business with their opinions of you and what your life choices are. I am kinda happy being a b star. That's OK to me. I like being a musician and a writer. I'm OK with that. I don't need to be the hottest guy or being looked at as anything other than with respect. I feel blessed to be in the space that I'm in. Even with what me and Tracey went through as far as being separated and being divorced because it was, more or less, respectful to me. The press has been pretty respectful and that's how I like to live."

SOURCE:http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur35893.cfm

Bless his ever loving heart! Don't you just wanna hug him?! Not one bad thing did he have to say about Eddie & Tracey. But then again, I'm not surprised. He's Babyface! It's good to know they're still on good terms with each other. As far as him labeling himself a 'b-list' star? He better stop playing!





0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro